Car Crash Attorney in Salem
Car accidents change everything – your life can be different forever from the events of a single moment. In 2020, more than 38,000 car accidents across Oregon resulted in 507 fatalities and almost 28,000 injuries. Salem motorists suffered 1,969 accidents in 2020, with 12 fatalities and 1,094 injuries.
These families were forced to face the reality that car accidents are a leading source of fatalities and injuries in Oregon. The Salem Car Accident Lawyers at The Kang Law Group care about what happens to you and your loved ones after a car crash. We have the skilled team and resources you need to pursue justice and compensation after a car accident.
Call us at (503) 646-3131 to speak with a seasoned Car Crash Attorney in Salem for legal advice and to review your options.
Experienced Help with Car Accident Injuries in Salem, OR
The Kang Law Group provides legal guidance and assistance with many types of car accident claims in Salem, Oregon, and other nearby communities. When you or a loved one are involved in a car crash, there is a vast potential to incur serious injuries. The type of car crash, amount of force to your body, speed of impact and so much more contribute to the type and severity of injuries you could suffer. Many Salem car accidents result in injuries like:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Internal injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Severed limbs
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
The Salem Car Accident Lawyers at The Kang Law Group also know that you can incur more than physical trauma in a car crash. Your vehicle and personal property can be damaged or lost, your career and ability to care for your family can be impacted, you can suffer emotional and mental stress and more. We work hard to pursue justice for you and fight for the maximum compensation possible to help you rebuild your life and meet accident-related expenses.
Contact us today at (503) 646-3131 to arrange a free initial consultation to review the details of your Salem car accident.
What Should I Do After a Car Crash in Salem?
In any car accident, events move quickly and can seem overwhelming. Salem Car Accident Lawyers from The Kang Law Group treat all car crash victims and their families with compassion and respect, and we are prepared to offer clear guidance to protect your rights after a car accident. We recommend the following actions after suffering a car accident in Salem:
- Check for Injuries – Check yourself and other passengers in your vehicle for injuries. It is common to be filled with adrenaline after an accident, and this can make you unaware of some injuries. Stay where you are until help arrives. Remain calm and try to stop any noticeable bleeding by applying pressure.
- Get Medical Care – Taking care of your injuries is your number one priority. Allow emergency medical specialists to assess your condition and provide any treatment. Get a thorough exam at a local emergency medical facility immediately.
- Gather Evidence – As your condition allows, gather evidence at the scene of the accident. Take photos with your mobile phone, obtain car descriptions and tag numbers (snapping a photo is quick and easy) and speak with any eyewitnesses. Get other drivers’ contact and insurance information, including their name, driver’s license number, date of birth, address, insurer and policy number.
- File an Accident Report – The police will typically arrive on scene and create an accident report. Share your name, contact and insurance information, and provide a full description of what happened. If there are conflicting versions of events, having your story on record will be important.
- File a Report with the Oregon DMV – Oregon law requires you to report any accident where there are injuries sustained or property damage in excess of $1,500.00 to the DMV. Sometimes the investigating law enforcement officer will do this, but you should make sure a report gets filed. The Kang Law Group can help.
- Report the Crash to Your Insurance Company – Be sure to report the accident to your insurer online or by phone, even if you are not at fault.
- Contact a Car Crash Attorney in Salem – The sooner you contact The Kang Law Group, the faster we can investigate your case and begin handling other details, such as representing you with law enforcement and insurance companies.
Avoid These Mistakes After a Salem Car Crash
Law enforcement personnel and insurance company representatives will doubtless try to collect as much information as possible about the accident – but this does not mean they always have your best interests in mind. Regardless of who was at fault for the accident, you should take precautions to protect your rights and privacy after a car crash in Salem, OR. We recommend the following:
- Do not accept any blame for the accident
- Do not minimize the severity of the accident or your injuries
- Do not agree to any recorded statements
- Do not negotiate with insurance representatives without a Salem Car Accident Lawyer present
- Do not sign any documents without counsel from your attorney, including medical record releases
- Do not agree to any settlement offers without consulting an attorney
The experienced Salem Car Accident Lawyers from The Kang Law Group know how to calculate your current and projected needs from the accident and pursue the adequate amount of compensation. You want to be sure any settlement offer is adequate to cover future medical expenses and treatments, loss of future wages if you cannot work, lost or damaged property and more.
Consult with Our Salem Car Accident Lawyers Today
When you or a loved one are involved in a Salem car accident that is caused by the negligence of another person or entity, you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries and other losses. Arrange a free confidential consultation with a Car Crash Attorney in Salem from The Kang Law Group by calling us at (503) 646-3131 or message us online to schedule a free case review.